Thursday, July 8, 2010

How a good idea ends up being a bad mani...




I like easter nails (all nails covered with different pastel colors) or rainbow nails. So, I decided to try a all-in-the-same-family color nails. I can do that easily with my pinks so here we go :

Thumb to pinkie : Revlon bubble gum, Revlon Posh Pink, Zoya Jordana, Revlon Sheer Blossom, Zoya Jane

NOTD : reasons of the failure IMO:
-finish is not the same for each color (cream to sheer)
-colors were showing quite a nice wide range in the bottles but once applied on the nails Revlon Sheer Blossom and Zoya Jane are too close to make a nice change
-Zoya Jordana is too salmonish to fit in with the other pinks that are more on the cool side

Well I tried !

Hope you'll get inspiration and try it with your own favorite color

Caro-heading to a spinning class xxx

PS : I lost 4.2 lbs in 3 weeks...which is the target (about 1 lbs a week) but gosh it is soooooooooo hard to resist ice creams when the weather is so hot ....

7 comments:

  1. Sheer blossom is super pretty! I don't think I even have enough polishes to do this with different colours. Probably they'd have to be green and I don't think that would look nice :(

    Oh, and make ice lollies with fruit juices/yogurts! Congrats on hitting your targets! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're doing a great job on shedding the weight Caro. I wish I can keep up a regiment like that. I like Zoya Jordana best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cute idea, I still think it looks good! Well done on losing the weight :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the weight loss :) it can be tough at times but don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have frozen yogurt instead! Better luck with your next mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your weight loss doll!!The nail colours looks pretty though!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm I love ice cream! One of my favourite flavours is chocolate mint - seems like a lot of people either don't like it (usually the case) or like it a lot (like me!). I've been having one too many McDonalds McFlurry's. Sounds crazy but I LOVE their oreo one ;)
    I think your manicure looks fun. It's okay if the colours are a bit sheerer than others - that's the neat part of it, no? ;)
    Congratulations on your weight loss/fitness goals. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete